Yours truly has been retained to help a 25-person Chicago-based digital, direct and data agency find a new business leader. The agency is looking to continue their record-breaking success. This is a very good job at a firm I have admired for years.
Simply put, the agency needs your expertise to help them get more new business opportunities. And then, help them win. Taking a strategic, consultative selling approach, this leader will focus on developing relationships and creating agency awareness with prospective clients, consultants and others outside the agency.
You will also own and drive the agency’s overall marketing effort, lending your expertise to agency positioning tweaks (and related materials), intellectual property, and industry thought leadership.
A new position within recent years, the ideal professional will combine social media and digital demand generation abilities with classic professional service marketing chops to help the agency attract terrific clients.
The agency offers a very solid compensation package, a budget, administrative support and a few untapped strengths to help you make an impact…and a difference.
“Fit” is crucial to the agency – we’re looking for someone with charisma, creativity and verve that is enjoyable to be around and will be a great, inspirational addition to the agency’s smart, hardworking team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s preferably in business or related field
- 7+years of combined marketing/account/development experience with demonstrated direct, digital, database experience and 5+years in a progressive client-facing business development role within the marketing communications industry
- Familiarity with the agency business development cycle process; must understand all phases from inbound inquiries to outbound presentations and managing an opportunity until a scope of work is signed
- Strategic understanding of direct, digital and database marketing, mobile marketing technology & trends, and an ability to translate that understanding to client business challenges
- Must have experience and be fluent in digital (e.g. search, email, etc.), crm (e.g. Salesforce.com) and social (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, listening and writing skills
- Track record of building strong internal and external working relationships
We only respond to applicants who possess the experience and qualifications that closely match the requirements of the above position.
Reports to: President
Strong base, plus inventive
About the agency
I like these guys. The strategy and creative work is good: purposeful, smart and results-oriented. This is a nimble, independent, relationship-based agency that has been around for 30 years. They keep clients and staff well above industry averages. They’re built on a foundation of behavioral marketing and relevant, personalized communications that generate customer engagement, interactions and measurable results. They work with both consumer and business-to-business clients in range of industries.
Should you wish to learn more, please contact Thunderclap at your soonest convenience. Happy to provide a more detailed description. Thanks.